Early this afternoon I was feeling a bit like baking and had wanted to try out a recipe I’d found on another blog I read (Peanut Butter Fingers) that was for a healthy banana bread. I think Julie came up with a great looking recipe, but if you know me, I have to put my own little “touches” and healthified spin on things… so, that being said, I made a few very slight changes, so here is my version of Julie’s recipe…
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup White Flour, Unbleached
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/3 cup Stevia Plus
- 2 tbsp Oil, Canola
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 egg
- 300 g Bananas
- 1/4 cup Organic Greek Yogurt, Plain
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Milled Golden Flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine whole wheat flour through salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients together until batter is relatively smooth with a few lumps from the mashed bananas.
- Slowly mix flour mixture into banana mixture.
- Once batter is fully mixed, pour into loaf pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- Cool, slice and enjoy!
Thanks, Julie@PBFingers for sharing the original recipe!