I’ve been on the lookout recently for some low-carb & ketogenic diet friendly recipes. I came across one for a low-carb spinach lasagna, but had to make my own little tiny tweaks to it. So here it is!
This “lasagna” doesn’t have any noodles or pasta in it… only a bit of spinach. I ended up layering the spinach on only one half since Brian didn’t want it in his, so you may want to double up on the spinach amount I used.
- 1 lb Ground Beef Chuck 80/20
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Yellow Onion
- ⅛ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ cup Pasta Sauce No Added Sugar
- 8 oz Regular Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg (large)
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper
- 22 g Baby Spinach
- ½c Low-moisture Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a glass 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray & set aside. Put the olive oil in a pan on the stove & brown the meat & onion.
- While the meat is browning, soften the cream cheese until smooth & creamy when stirred, then mix in the pepper & beat in the egg until fairly smooth & set aside.
- Next, add the pasta sauce & garlic powder to the meat & onion & continue to heat until bubbly.
- Spread half of the meat mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the layer of meat & lay some spinach leaves over the cream cheese.
- Follow up with spreading about half of the mozzarella on top, then the remainder of the meat, followed by the last of the mozzarella (it won’t cover it all completely).
- Bake in the oven uncovered, for about 30 minutes until nice & bubbly.
- Slice & enjoy!