This morning I was able to enjoy one of my very favorite breakfast items – pancakes! AND, they’re low carb, no flour!! Perfect for the gluten-free diet too! I came across this recipe online & just KNEW I need to try making some.
These pancakes are very thin (not the fluffy type), but they’re low-carb, tasty, & help satisfy a pancake craving. Plus, they’re really easy to make & have minimal ingredients.
- 2 oz. cream cheese (I used the ⅓ less fat – would recommend this or full fat)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 packet stevia or other sweetener
- Combine all ingredients (except butter) in a medium bowl & blend using an immersion blender. If you don’t own an immersion blender you can use a blender or food processor too.
- The batter will be really bubbly when you’re first blending it, so just let it sit for a minute or two so some of the bubbles settle (some small ones will still remain).
- Place about a half tbsp of butter onto a hot griddle (or use non-stick spray) & pour about ¼ of the batter onto the griddle, letting it cook for about a minute or so. Peek under & if it’s browning, flip it over & do the same on the other side, which will probably take a bit less time to cook. Just keep repeating the process until all the pancakes are cooked. Stack & then top with the remaining butter. Dig in & enjoy!!
These are thin pancakes, but so tasty! You could also consider them a bit more crepe-like! Either way, they’re a nice low-carb/keto pancake alternative!