Good morning friends! I teased you all yesterday with a glimpse at my afternoon snack creation (& today’s breakfast) of a low-carb mug cake! So, without further ado, I give you this very simple, tasty, low-carb (only 1.5 net carbs), gluten-free, keto friendly, fiber & protein-packed mug cake ~
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- 5 drops liquid stevia – I love the Butter Toffee (or other sweetener/extract of choice)
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- dash cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Artisana Organic Raw Coconut Butter, melted
- In a large mug or small bowl, whisk together 3 egg whites, liquid stevia, & the flaxseed meal.
- Next, whisk in the baking powder & then LET IT SIT for about a minute or a bit more. The mixture will puff up & get really fluffy, this is when you know it’ll be ready to cook.
- Place the mug or bowl in the microwave & cook for about 1 minute (time may vary depending on bowl and/or microwave power).
- Let the mug cake cool slightly (it’ll probably be very puffy, but will shrink down some), then remove from the microwave & top with a bit of melted coconut butter & a dash of cinnamon. That’s it! Enjoy!
Nutrition: 234 calories, 18 g fat, 10 g carbs, 8.5 g fiber (only 1.5 net carbs), & 16 g protein.